PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.
Pennsylvania Property Tax & Rent Rebate Program Information
MORE OLDER PENNSYLVANIANS ELIGIBLE FOR REBATES
The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program has been dramatically expanded to give more older and disabled Pennsylvanians a rebate and increase the amount of the rebates. A new law increases the income limit from $15,000 to $35,0000 for homeowners and boosts the maximum rebate for both homeowners and renters from $500 to $650. Applicants can exclude one-half (1/2) of their Social Security income, so people who make substantially more than $35,000 may still qualify for a rebate.
The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians age 65 and older; widows and widowers age 50 and older; and people with disabilities age 18 and older.
The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program expansion is a part of a broader property tax relief initiative. For more information, visit www.papropertytaxrelief.com or call 1-888-222-9190.
Unity Township Property Tax Rebate
Eligibility Requirements of Unity Township Sr. Citizens Tax Rebate
- One or more person named on the real estate tax duplicate issued for the property is 65 years of age or older on January 1 of the year in which the rebate application is made; and
- Such owner or owners have owned and resided upon the property for which relief is requested for a period of five (5) consecutive years or more; and
- All real estate taxes for the property for which relief is requested have been paid and no tax delinquency exists; and
- The Adjusted Gross Income of the Applicant or applicants is either equal to or less than the “Lower Income Limits” established by the US Department of Housing and
- Urban Development for Westmoreland County PA based on income from the previous fiscal year.
|Number of Persons in Household||2015 Income Guidelines|
Limitations for Sr. Citizen’s Tax Rebate
- Only one rebate shall be available for each applicant, regardless of the number of properties owned by the applicant;
- The rebate shall only be available for the property which the applicant uses as their full time residence; and
- The amount of the rebates is limited to the amount paid by the applicant in Township Real Property Taxes for the year in which the application is made; and
- The application may be submitted to the Township Tax Office between May 15th and July 31st of the application year.
- You may pick up an application at the Unity Township Tax Office while paying your Spring Real Estate Taxes or by calling the Tax Office at 724-539-8766.