The Unity Township Municipal Building is centrally located within the township along Beatty-County Road just off of Route 30.
The Township was formally incorporated on September 23, 1789 with initial records of settlement going back to 1760. Unity Township was formed from Mt. Pleasant Township, one of Westmoreland’s original municipalities. Today, Unity Township is a Second Class Township with an area of 69 sq. miles, a population of 22,607 and maintains approximately 140 miles of roads. Duties and responsibilities of the road crew include paving, winter maintenance, ditch cleaning, removal of fallen trees along with many other tasks.
Zoning was instituted in Unity Township on September 25, 1991. Building permits along with on-lot septic permit applications and recycling information can be obtained through the Code office.
Michael J. O’Barto
John F. Mylant
Thomas S. Ulishney
Municipal Officials & Employees
Mark J. Burkardt
Unity Township Municipal Authority has relocated. See their website at http://www.utmapa.org for contact and additional information.